Sunday 23 November 2008

Patch of the Day - Hold Me Now



A simple on/ off 'Hold' patch inspired by ACA at the sequencer.de forum.

This patch allows you to hold a note and toggle it on and off. ACA's original Nord Modular patch was designed to allow him to use his ribbon controller as a modulation source during the sustain stage and was itself inspired by Scott Stites Softpot Ribbon Controller (1), (2).

Since I don't have a 'CV-Zauberstab', I came up with my own patch, figuring I could always apply modulation to a modulator (e.g. FM VCO, LFO etc.) via after touch or mod-wheel.

Here's the PDF.


Hold + Mod


Hold Me Now

Two nice aspects of this patch are the ability to end the hold period with a different note and quite simply the nature of toggling notes on and off means you might come up with riffs you wouldn't normally play.

Let me know if you've got any suggestions for improvements.

Happy Patching!

No comments: